Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Show 36 feedback  (Read 2851 times)

The Rick

• Curtain Jerker
  • EFK Power: 1
    • VWF
Re: Show 36 feedback
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 04:17:12 PM »
Just finished up listening to Side B. Really good show, loved the real wrestling discussion. Just to pick up on Ian talking about Bulldog losing in Europe, when HBK beat him for the European Title it was in Birmingham, trust me... I was there! Only time I've seen trash being thrown into the ring at a live show, everyone in the building was pissed off over it!

Bryan

• Forum Leaders
  • Jobbing To Trips
  • EFK Power: 11
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 06:46:26 PM »
lol, wow, that had to be a memorable moment Rick :p

but yeah, excellent show as usual guys. loved the comedy side (i knew all the Ducktails questions before Duckman could answer them as usual!) and the side B discussion was great as well. can't wait for the next show, whenever that may be!

Brandon

• Everybody on my dick.. no homo.
  • Mid Card
  • EFK Power: 0
    • Phoenix Wrestling Revolution
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 03:25:10 AM »
Haven't listened to any of Side A. Don't usually. I enjoy the e-fed related banter more then anything. Side B was well done. Some spots where the audio was crap, but the content was good. Loved the constant G-Credit jokes, the Dr's of e-fedding section, and the over all discussion.

Oh, and B; congrats on your daughter taking a poop.

Sally Screw

• The Original Troublemaker
  • Lower Card
  • EFK Power: 6
  • The Screw
    • THE SCREW
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »
To be honest... I had to relisten to side A again because Ian's creepy "Well Hello" so over shadowed everything that was done that my brain dumped everything else from my short term memory so it could free up extra neurons so I could keep up laughing!

And just to add (from my memory alone)... they never actually came out and said Jesus "stabbed" Cena. Carlito, in true heel fashion denied everything deflecting the blame towards Jesus.

Side B was always informative. And thou I do not agree with some of what was said,it's always nice to see different views on the hobby getting spread around.

Triple B

• Efed Knights Co Founder
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • EFK Power: 7065
  • The answer is always B.
    • The VWF
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »
To be honest... I had to relisten to side A again because Ian's creepy "Well Hello" so over shadowed everything that was done that my brain dumped everything else from my short term memory so it could free up extra neurons so I could keep up laughing!

And just to add (from my memory alone)... they never actually came out and said Jesus "stabbed" Cena. Carlito, in true heel fashion denied everything deflecting the blame towards Jesus.

Side B was always informative. And thou I do not agree with some of what was said,it's always nice to see different views on the hobby getting spread around.

What viewpoints did you disagree with?  Not angry or anything, I'm just curious.  Always good to see differing views, and I for one, would like to know what they are.  Either here, or PM is fine by me, if you're interested.

Sally Screw

• Lower Card
  • The Screw
    • THE SCREW
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 09:55:26 PM »
Oh, just a few little things, nothing major.

Restarting an e-fed is a bad idea... I disagree. I have covered this in my mag before, and stated that  opening a place that has a history to it may appeal to players more than a fresh-from-the-wrapper Fed. The views on the podcast assumed that players were only trying to relive past glory instead of trying to recreate "more" glory. I think that when an old, closed fed tries to reopen, if what helped bring it down (time restaints by the staff...low roster count...etc) has been addressed, then a second try at making it work, is indeed a good idea. I've been a part of a fed that did come back successfully. Some feds have come back many times, only to fail not because of the players that created the glory in the first place, but because of the ownership, so in truth the Fed succeeded and did indeed re capture the magic it once had.

Going to another fed with a stable of players... Bad idea!!!  A lot of owners should be leery when a group of players show up at their door wanting to join in bulk. Won't that send off alarm bells in this time of trolls, thieves and troublemakers?

Cross reference story links between Feds... While nice in theory and easy to do for Inter-fed contests and megacards, it seems hard enough keeping up to date on your own Fed's characters' storylines, nevermind another place too. Not something I'd get on board with.

Opening a new fed: don't... Can't disagree more. This game actually needs crappy feds and horrible owners believe it or not. For from out of the crap, rises creative dedicated players. They see what type of fed they are in and then come across a better one and move on... they get their feet wet in trying to open a fed, fail and learn a lesson or two, thus bettering themselves. Sometimes the best way to learn something is by trying. Who knows, maybe instead of doing things the "established" way a rookie owner can come up with something that helps better the game. 99% of the time that would be no, but it's that 1% that I hold out for and support.

But those are just my own views. One opinion in a pool of thousands!

jagilki

• Jen is ----ing Tees
  • Hall of Fame
  • EFK Power: 227
    • jagilki.net
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 10:11:55 PM »
pink on gray background make jag go something something.

Yes Yes Yes

Judge

• Admin Deity
  • Administrator
  • Main Event
  • EFK Power: 65524
    • Electricdemon.com - Your home for bullshit
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »
Yeah.  That color scheme makes me want to stab kittens.

Sally Screw

• Lower Card
  • The Screw
    • THE SCREW
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 10:52:31 PM »
Well I like making things hard on people some times... hence the moniker "The Original Troublemaker"

M.D.K.

• Inappropriate...
  • Forum Leaders
  • Legend
  • EFK Power: 42
    • www.sincitywrestling.com
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2009, 03:57:00 AM »
Ok I have finished listening to the show and what a cracking listen it was. Triple B is possibly now the funniest Knight. I don't know if Marq was having an off day but he didn't seem to be in it after his incognegro line. B's daughter is hilarious and the banter was spot on.

The caption competition is dead but alas it was getting less and less funny. Did you knows had me almost peeing my pants and the incredibly funny guy I think may be goonboy? Either way whoever he is made me look like a nutter on the train from laughing hysterically.

I think you need more segments again for the comedy side though. My fetishes ran it's course and now captions have joined it. A new what the Knight would be good or more ideas from us listeners! I sent a Punino in for the next show but I'd like more interaction as we make the show what it is. I think some suggestions for segments or even names for segments and then see what you can do with them would be an idea as well.

Ian's hello was creepy and you should be ashamed Ian. On the plus side you have encouraged 5billion did you knows for the next show.

The serious stuff on side B was good but it's not what I listen for. I always listen to it but sometimes I lose interest with it despite some very god points made I feel as though a lot of the stuff is old ground being covered again. G credit crunch was a highlight for me.

Only thing I haven't listened to yet is the real wrestling ramble.

MDK is a prick. He hates you, he loves himself, and he’s good enough at what he does, that you’re going to have to deal with it.

Quote from: A sarcastic and bitter Jesse Styles
I'm not gonna beat M.D.K.

www.sincitywrestling.com

M.D.K.

• Inappropriate...
  • Forum Leaders
  • Legend
  • EFK Power: 42
    • www.sincitywrestling.com
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 03:57:56 AM »
I'd also love to hear another Danny Orchard agony uncle session. Where I sent in the Blind Asian Chick lette rand Sam had to read it out had me dying of laughter

MDK is a prick. He hates you, he loves himself, and he’s good enough at what he does, that you’re going to have to deal with it.

Quote from: A sarcastic and bitter Jesse Styles
I'm not gonna beat M.D.K.

www.sincitywrestling.com

Duckman

• Efed Knight.
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • EFK Power: 65528
    • The Efed Knights Of The Roundtable.
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2009, 10:49:19 AM »
One thing I love about EFK is the fact we can have the difference of opinion or debates on various subjects.  Sally - keep those opinions coming because they not only show we aren't the be all and end all of efed opinion but they also give good counterpoints for discussions on later shows.  Love it!

I'm working on ideas for new segments for side A but I'm holding off on asking for ideas until I speak to Ian when he comes back from his holiday.  To be honest the shorter format for Side A works better for me - the show has a much better pace to it and the tightness of the shows is something I'm always trying to improve!

I'd like the EFK listeners to petition Triple B to get a new mic though!  Seriously, the amount of mic bumps I edited out of that show was amazing.  I might edit them together and release them as a concept album!

Anyway, glad people are still enjoying the shows.  Keep the feedback coming because it helps us improve.

Thanks again guys.

Peace

Duckman

mrparasyte

• Owner of Genesis
  • EFK Power: -1
    • Genesis
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
I have to say I am a bit baffled about the whole situation you've brought up about my fed not having g-credits Ian.  It has had g-credits since I took over the fed after it's first show in February.  In fact looking at my transaction ledger you can see 130 days which were added in August with respect to a gfedwrestling.com community challenge where the reward for winning was g-credits.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/mrparasyte/Misc/gcredits.jpg

After thinking about it a bit more I am once again questioning whether or not the fed that was sent to you for review was my fed.  Someone I know, also named Mike told me that he was submitting a fed by the name of GWF for review.  That fed was a gfed and then moved off the site to be an efed.  I'm wondering if you saw the long url of that fed and saw the long url of my fed in the vault and noticed that it was pretty similar and mistakenly assumed that they were one in the same.

Duckman

• Efed Knight.
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • EFK Power: 65528
    • The Efed Knights Of The Roundtable.
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »
Dude called Mike emailed the show with the link to the fed.  When Ian checked it for the review last week it was out of g-credits.  Sounds like it wasn't your fed but he did called it Genesis in the email.

Were you in g-credits over the last couple of weeks?

Maybe this guy was trying to fuck with you by making out that your fed was closed?

Either that or he stole the name from your fed and then it lasted like 2 weeks, lol!

Sure we can clear it up, I really don't think it was your fed that the link went to.  Only problem is I've deleted the email with the link in it.

Peace

Duckman

Marq

• Forum Leaders
  • Jobbing To Trips
  • EFK Power: 41
  • AKA "Three-Pint Betty"
    • It's Marc With A "Q"
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 04:16:24 AM »
Ok I have finished listening to the show and what a cracking listen it was. Triple B is possibly now the funniest Knight. I don't know if Marq was having an off day but he didn't seem to be in it after his incognegro line. B's daughter is hilarious and the banter was spot on.

For the record, Triple B IS the funniest Knight, which is a testament to him and his hot daughter, really. As for myself, I've always played (and rather enjoyed) the role of the surrogate audience member of the show. Don't know what the guys are talking about in regards to someone like Walter, Garth Gaffney, or Jus Huntley? Me neither. What the fuck's a G-Credit, or a Jade Goody? I dunno. Wanna say "What the fuck?" whenever Triple B does his impression of what Asians apparently sound like? I'm your man. 

As for my other duties...

The show's resident Asian? Check.
EFK's apparent "living archive?" Check.
Funniest? Sometimes.

But when you record with Sam, Ian, and Trips... or hear "Did You Know's" from Shane Kincaid? That's a hell of a task.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"