Q1. What was your feeling on the first week of the season?
Q2. How far can this team go really...
Q3. Whos play stood out for you in week 1?
Q4. What needs to get better for this team?
Q5. Talk us through next week...
1) It's an improvement over last years start which means we're already off to a better start than we were last year. I really feel we have a nucleus of talent that can make a difference in the FBL. I was suprised to see quite a few people thinking the expansion Green Hornets could take a win from the Blades.
2) This team can challenge for a spot in the playoffs. The East is a hell of a conference top to bottom but I think because of our leader on the court Mutu Mukwaza and our own beast inside the paint in Creed Jackson that we will be challenging for those playoffs.
3) It all starts with your captain and that's especially true for our Blades. His defense dictates how well this team performs and I was ecstatic to see him pick up 13 pts 13 boards 5 blocks and 6 steals in 2 games. Creed Jackson got himself a double double and is anchoring our middle. And I love our guards. Wright and Grey are a great compliment to one another and I am very pleased with the instant offense Tim McDonald brings off the bench.
4) We just need to spend more time together. Two of our starting 5 were new acquisitions and I know it takes awhile to gel as a unit. The same can be said about Tim McDonald as he gets more experience at the FBL level he's only going to get better. Patience and time is all this team needs.
5) Remember that comment I made about the East being a beast this year? Our Blades take on the Waves and then the Dragons. It's going to be tough but I know my Blades are game.